Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From my aunt many years ago. Really tasty and addictive!
Make and share this Pasta Bows and Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1. Melt butter. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is clear.
- 2. Stir in chicken stock powder.
- 3. Add chicken and cream, heat through but don't boil. Add pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
- 1. Cook pasta, add 1 tbsp butter and 1tbsp chicken stock powder.
- 2. Put on plate, pile chicken mixture on top.
Very tasty! I used enriched pasta, half and half instead of cream and also added some broccoli in order to make a bit more figure friendly. I couldn't stop "tasting it" before it was time to serve. Thank you.
Great recipe! I tweeked this a little by cooking the cubed chicken breasts with the onions & garlic. When the chicken was almost done, I added the cream (using 1 1/2 cups) and about 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese. I let it simmer for it to thicken while the noodles finished cooking. I also used 'Better than Bullion' chicken paste (it uses half the amount of powder and *much* more flavorful). When the noodles were done, I drained them, added the pasta seasonings and tossed them into the skillet with the chicken. Served with homemade French bagettes. Yummy! NOTE: The sauce thickens upon standing, so don't fret if at first you feel it's too liquidy. This recipe is a terrific, quick, and easy weekday meal with a gourmet flair. Thanks so much for sharing your aunt's recipe. :)