Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I adore pizza but allergies prevent me from eating any product with yeast. What a nice alternative this recipe find is... even the kids love it!! From the Healthy Choice Recipe Book "Recipes for Life".
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup chopped sweet pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pizza sauce
- 2⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese
- black olives, slices (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Cook angel hair pasta as directed on package.
- Rinse and drain well.
- In a 10 inch nonstick skillet, cook until tender onion and peppers in 1 tbls. olive oil.
- Set vegetables aside to cool.
- Heat 1 tbls. of olive oil in same skillet.
- When well heated, spread angel hair pasta in skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes or so until browned on underside.
- Turn pasta out on a plate.
- Slip pasta back into skillet (browned side up) and reduce heat to medium.
- Spoon sauce over pasta.
- Top with cooked peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle with cheese, seasoning and olives.
- Cover and cook for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
What a fun recipe - looks great tastes great. I browned the angel hair well before flipping, used 1 cup hot salsa instead of pizza sauce GRrrrreat - I think the olives are a must. The onions I carmellized and only heated the peppers through Excellent Thanks Aroostook for a keeper
I don't want to rate this recipe, as I cut back on the oil a bit and skipped the olives, so I didn't follow the recipe exactly. But I had a very hard time flipping the spaghetti "crust." Our pasta pizzas turned into pasta bowls that tasted like really good spaghetti. We aren't complaining - 'cause it was good - but it wasn't exactly what I had envisioned. I do have a photo, though, which I can upload, if you'd like! :)