Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
During a panicked search for very low carb desserts after a visit to the nutritionist, I stumbled upon this recipe. It's not only delicious and low carb - it's a passover cake, too (which makes sense, if you think about it!)
- 2 cups pecans
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup erythritol (optional)
- Heat oven to 350. Grease an 8 inch round or springform pan.
- Process pecans until they are the texture of meal.
- Process the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and process until blended.
- Pour into the pan and bake.
- Bake for about 25 minutes (check with toothpick and leave in longer if needed).
- Cool and Slice.
I followed the directions and made this, it came out looking like soup instead of batter. I added a 1/4 cup of coconut flour and a tad bit extra cocoa, it came out great.<br/>Light and fluffy with a good taste.<br/>I made it into cupcakes, filled them with peanut butter and put some peanut butter whip cream frosting.