Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Some people get tired of having matzoh brie every morning for breakfast on Passover. Here's a delicious alternative.
- 2 cups matzoh farfel
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup pitted dates, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a spoon until well mixed.
- Using a non-stick shallow baking pan, spread the mixture evenly inside.
- Bake for 90 minutes, until the mixture browns.
- Watch carefully after 1 hour to make sure it does not get too brown.
- Cool and store in a airtight container.
Love it! Left out the dates and added extra raisins. I thought some people might enjoy dried cranberries or other dried fruit. Great in milk but also good for munching in front of the tv. Mine browned a little too soon so I suggest everyone keep a close eye on it. It was in the oven for less that an hour. I'll be making this throughout the year, not just for Passover. Thanks for posting.
I made this ( a trial small version)-- and its great--a yummy breakfast cereal for passover ( that doesn't taste like cardboard)Zissen Pesach