Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Ok this is so ADDICTIVE !!!!!!! and the feta cheese is EXCELLENT on top. Make lot's it won't last.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
DO NOT WAIT for a party to try this recipe. This bread is great, and very easy to make. Other than cutting the recipe down so that I wouldn't be making so much, I made exactly as directed. I would recommend to go lite on the salt if you are using the Feta cheese, because it is salty also. Great recipe!!!!
- 4 slices d'italiano thick style bread (Canadian)
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- feta cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat BBQ to medium.
- Grill 4 slices of bread for 1-2 minutes on each side till toasted.
- Arrange slices in single layer on large wire rack.
- Rub sides with peeled and halved garlic clove over each side.
- Brush lighlty with olive oil.
- Add your choice of toppings (recipe included).
- Cut each slice into 3 pieces.
- After grilling sprinkle with parmesan cheese and feta cheese.