Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I made this for a small birthday party with 3 guests. I served it with sauteed shrimp and baked potatoes. Cooking time is Chill time
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parsnip, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light Karo syrup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 cup imitation crabmeat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Mix yogurt, mayo, vinegar, Karo, mustard, red pepper flakes and celery seed together in a medium bowl.
- Add all shredded vegetables and stir well. Gently fold in crab meat. Chill for 2 hours or longer.
This is a very colourful and festive looking slaw. 'Party' certainly comes to mind, and it's easy to make too. :) I found the purple cabbage was a little strong and overpowered the crab, I think next time I'll increase the crab and reduce the purple cabbage. I will also use less dressing next time. That's a personal preference. Most prefer a creamier slaw...I'm the odd ball I think. Good luck in the contest, and thank you for you contribution to the RSC Potion #18 Event.