Recipe by KelBel
Just got this recipe in my email and I don't want to loose it. It is from the Houston Junior League Cookbook.
Top Review by Barb G.
Delicious, tasty shrimp dish, easy to put together. I did use large raw shrimp which worked great and were done in the 30 minutes, also used vermouth instead of sherry as was out of sherry. I will be making it again as it is a great, tasty, easy dish to serve to guest. Thank you so much KelBel for posting the recipe.
- 1 lb shelled cooked shrimp
- 1 (1 lb) canwhole artichoke heart, well drained
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms or 1 (4 ounce) can button mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry (or less)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange shrimp, artichoke hearts and mushrooms in a casserole.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually add milk and cream, stirring constantly.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and sherry.
- Pour sauce over shrimp mixture in casserole.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and paprika on top.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- May be served over rice.
- This may be prepared in advance and baked before serving.
- Freezes well, but sauce will need to be thinned after being frozen.