Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
New potatoes are young with thin skins so they do not need to be peeled. You can top these little appetizers with diced red onions, parsley, chives, diced bell peppers, bacon bits, shredded cheese or spigs of fresh herbs such as dill weed. Combinations of toppings are great too.
- Heat 1 inch water to boiling in a medium sauce pan.
- Add potatoes; cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain and cool 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cut potatoes in half and place on a serving tray cut side up (cut a thin slice from the bottom if necessary to help them stand upright).
- Top each potato half with 1 teaspoon sour cream; garnish as desired.
- Cover and chill until serving.
These were delicious! I made all different varieites of the sour cream mixture (green onion, bacon bits, shredded cheese, etc) Will definately make again! Thanks!
Fabulous idea!!!! I mixed cheddar cheese, green onions, garlic powder, chopped green chile and bacon into the sour cream. I couldn't make enough!!!! Thanks bunches, Karen!!!!!!!!!