Recipe by CulinaryQueen
My husband just came up with this the other night and it was quite tasty. Remember to line the pan with foil for a much easier clean-up.
- 6 parsnips
- 2 large lemons, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons cherry juice, from jar
- 10 maraschino cherries, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F/180°C.
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil large enough to line the inside and over the edges of your roasting pan. This is a very important step or else you will have a sticky coating on your pan that you may not be able to get out.
- Rinse parsnips, cut off ends and slice lengthwise into 4 pieces or more if parsnips are large. (I don't normally peel them, but you can if wish to do so). Place in foil lined pan in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, red wine, and cherry juice. Combine thoroughly (a hand blender works great). Stir in chopped cherries. (If mixture seems too thin/too thick, add a little honey/wine to adjust as necessary).
- Pour glaze over parsnips in pan and toss to coat, returning parsnips to a single layer.
- Roast for 60-65 minutes. Baste and turn the parsnips every 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer parsnips to a serving dish and drizzle with any remaining glaze.