Recipe by lindseylcw
This lovely light soup combines the sweetness of parsnip with the tang of fresh lemon and ginger from Claire MacDonald of Clan MacDonald
Top Review by duonyte
Ginger with parsnips - who would have thought? This makes a lovely but slightly different soup. I like the brightness that the lemon adds to this, as well. It makes up very quickly, especially if you have an immersion blender/ I made half the recipe and it was more like two servings for us, but we like our soup.
- 3 ounces butter
- 2 medium onions, skinned and chopped
- 4 large parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1⁄8 liters chicken stock, homemade if possible
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan then add the chopped onions.
- cook for 5 mins stirring occasionally then add the parsnips, lemon peel and ginger and cook for a further 5 mins.
- pour on the stock and with the pan half covered with the pan lid, simmer until the parsnips are very soft.
- Cool a little and liquidise, adjust for seasoning with lemon juice and salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve hot garnished with fresh parsley.