Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My own addaption of a carrot cake. It's a quick, easy vanillary/butterscoth, melt in the mouth cake. sneaky use for winter vegies.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 cups finely grated parsnips
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries (or any dried fruit)
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- Sift flours, spices& Baking soda into large bowl.
- Combine sugar, eggs, oil& vanilla essence.
- Add parsnip, coconut& fruit to egg mix.
- Fold into flours, spices& soda with wooden spoon until JUST mixed.
- Bake 180 for 1 hour in a well greased 23cm cake tin.
- Ice with cream cheese icing.
Lovely cake, the crisp topping was a pleasant surprise. Bit too much oil though, I'll use about half next time
Great recipe. Moist and light at the same time. Very easy to make - the most tedious bit was grating the parsnip but hey it is worth it. I love it! Thanks for sharing it.
five stars for this cake!! It is wonderfull, thanks Lee!