Recipe by ellie_
A change of pace recipe for frozen peas taste not-so-ordinary. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 1982)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas (do not thaw)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup lettuce, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add onion, cooking 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add peas, parsley and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan and cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Stir in lettuce and chicken stock.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until heated (2-5 minutes).