Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from the Parsi region of Indian. This spicy egg dish is popular in Pakistan as well. Based on this recipe: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/parsi_eggs_22349
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 50 ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 4 slices buttered toast, to serve
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the spices and chilli and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, or until fragrant and well combined. Be careful not to burn the chili or garlic!
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
- Beat the eggs and cream together in a bowl, then add the mixture to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until the eggs are just set. Stir in the coriander.
- Spoon the eggs onto the toast to serve.
WOW, this is good!!! I made it for breakfast this morning and fell in love. I did replace the cream with fat free coffee creamer to trim the fat and used 2 eggs in stead of 3, also used a more heart healthy margarine on the toast. That said, I used the garlic and everything else ask for and it was delicious served with a slice of cantaloupe and some kiwi slices on the side :D. Made for ZWT 8