Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Super easy parmesan cream sauce that works great with noodles or on top of chicken. I use skim milk to make it a bit nicer on the hips instead of the traditional heavy cream or half and half.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in small skillet or sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour to make a roux and gradually stir in milk.
- Heat to a boil stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to thicken and add parmesan cheese and stir till melted.
- Season with garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
I was disappointed, it turned out like Kract Mac & Cheese sauce! :P Too creamy and gross, do not make
Very good. My first sauce from scratch and we really enjoyed it. I added shrimp at the end and tossed in fettuccini. Really enjoyed this!
I was looking for a sauce recipe because I was low on groceries and I came across this one. I only had chicken and uncooked penne pasta. I somewhat followed the receipe because I had 2% milk and a fourth of a cup of Parmesan cheese left. I made grilled chicken with parmesean cheese over top the penne. You know what! It actually came out really good! Going to cook this again because it was just that good.