- 6 medium onions, sliced in rings
- 1 cup diced celery
- 8 tablespoons butter or 8 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in 3 tablespoons butter until tender; drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter, stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Pour into an ungreased 2 quart baking dish Sprinkle with cheese and pecans.
- Bake, uncovered at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through.