Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Cooking Light Cookbook, 1989.
- 1 lb sweet potato, about 2 medium size
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- cooking spray
- Slice potatoes crosswise into 1/8 inch slices, and set aside.
- Combine the egg white and water, stirring well and set aside.
- Combine cheese, parsley and garlic.
- Dip potato slices into the egg mixture and dredge in cheese mixture to coat.
- Arrange potatoes on baking sheets that have been sprayed with cooking oil.
- Broil 4-5 inches from the heat about 4 minutes per side until crisp.
These were okay, but my husband complained the the seasoning took away from the Sweetness of the sweet potato. He expected the sweet potato chips to be sweeter.