I can't remember where I got the recipe, was over 25 years ago in San Francisco... But I can attest to the goodness of it, as I have been making it for that long...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This recipe works best with a hand held mixer.
- 2Beat softened butter, and 1 cup of cheese together with garlic.
- 3Add the egg and whip until the product is emulsified, adding more cheese if necessary to form a rather fluffy paste.
- 4Spread half of the mixture on each half loaf of bread (it will seem excessive) and sprinkle on the oregano and remaining cheese.
- 5Place the halves on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- 6Bake in the upper third of a 350 oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until the tops have puffed and are a golden brown.
- 7Cut into serving sized pieces.
- 8Excellent all alone, or with cold meats, salads, pasta etc.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Garlic Bread
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.3
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.9 mg
- Sodium 1282.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 22.1 g