Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Moist, tender, flavorful... and most of all EASY! I serve over noodles or with rice. Mom's recipe.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt, plain
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Pat chicken dry.
- Put in baking dish and drizzle with lemon juice and pepper.
- Blend all other ingredients, except cheese.
- Spread mixture evenly over each piece of chicken.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 for 50 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove from oven.
- Drain off juices.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese and broil 4 inches from heat until cheese melts and browns (approx. 3 mins but watch closely).
This was really good. I did everything to the letter except for the green onions. Everyone in the family gave it the thumbs up. One suggestion would be to halve the chicken breasts which would give more surface area for the yoghurt/mayonaise/cheese as you could spread the pieces out. It would also reduce the cooking time.
Great! I prepped this all in the morning and let it marinate in the fridge until dinner time. I used creole mustard instead of regular prepared mustard and I added some sliced fresh mushrooms to the mixture. The dry sherry and green onions really make the dish and the result is moist, juicy chicken that has a nice smooth, slightly spicy and tangy flavor with a nice nutty taste from the parmesan topping. I do need to add that the chicken took nowhere near 50 minutes to cook, more like 30 minutes in my somewhat temperamental oven. Thanks for an easy tasty recipe that is a keeper!