Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful delicious chicken you do not want to miss. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- plain flour, as required (maida)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- oil (for frying)
For the Mushroom sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 150 g mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Mix cheese and breadcrumbs together and keep aside.
- Coat each chicken breast in flour.
- Dip into egg and then in the cheese-breadcrumbs mixture.
- Press firmly.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chicken breasts, two at a time, cook until tender and done.
- Drain off excess oil with an absorbent paper towel.
- Keep the chicken warm.
- Serve with mushroom sauce.
- For the mushroom sauce:-.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add onions and mushrooms.
- Stir and cook until the onion is soft.
- Add flour and cook, stirring well for a minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually add the stock, stirring continuously.
- Put the pan back on the flame.
- Stir in egg yolks, chives and lemon juice.
- Cook until the mixture boils and thickens.
Loved this! The sauce is very good over rice and potatoes also.Easy and fast. Thanks!The prep time and cook time was faster than stated on the recipe.