1/1 Photo of Parmesan Cheese Risotto With Mushrooms
Risotto makes a great side dish. It's creamy, but not overly rich. It has a little bit of a bite, but not crunchy and not mushy. Once you get the hang of cooking it, you can add all sorts of ingredients. The possibilities are endless.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups vegetable stock (I used chicken) or 4 cups chicken stock (I used chicken)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I used olive) or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used olive)
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (I omitted this)
- 1 red peppers (I used green) or 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (I used green)
- 8 ounces canned mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (I used dried) or 1 teaspoon dried oregano (I used dried)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Bring the stock to a boil in a pan, then reduce the heat and keep simmering gently over low heat while you are cooking the risotto.
- 2Heat the oil in a deep pan. Add the rice and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes, until the grains are thoroughly coated in oil and translucent.
- 3Add the garlic, onion, celery, and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the oregano.
- 4Gradually add the hot stock, a ladeful at a time. Stir constantly and add more liquid as the rice absorbs each addition. Increase the heat to medium so that the liquid bubbles. Cook for 20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is creamy.
- 5Add the sun-dried tomatoes 5 minutes before the end of cooking time and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the Parmesan until it melts. Ready to serve!
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Cheese Risotto With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.9
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 457.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: