Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I tried this once when my parents were getting home late and hadn't eaten anything yet. We had more cauliflower than we knew what to do with, so I made my own recipe. Keep in mind, when I tried this, I played everything by eye, no physical "tbsp, tsp," that kind of thing. So I'm estimating how much I used. I remember it was good though! lol
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 12.32 ml dried red peppers
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, cheese. (fresh or frozen. I use frozen)
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml water
- 9.85 ml rosemary
- Cook cauliflower in water in bowl in a microwave for 9 minute Time varies for different microwaves.
- Take out midway and mix in all ingredients.
- Finish cooking cauliflower until any visible water has evaporated. It's okay if there is some water at the bottom.
- Do not strain out any excess water.
- Once cauliflower is completely cooked and cheese is melted, mix well until all ingredients are completely combined into the cauliflower.
This was really good. It was nice to have instead of just plain butter and salt and pepper. I didn't use the pepper flakes because I have small children that wouldn't come near it if it did. I think the rosemary was great.MMMmmm. I'll be making this again.
A nice change of pace for cauliflower. Loved the little bit of heat the peppers gave this. Very easy to make and tasty! Made for Spring 2009 PAC.
Very nice and the dried red pepper is not overpowering. Made for Spring PAC 2009