Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
There is another here on Zaar but this one is different with sesame seeds. From "The Cheese Handbook" by Bob Farrand, 2000. I saw it posted in the paper and had it lost in the recipe box.
- 3 ounces flour
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 lamb racks, trimmed, about 1 1/4 lbs. total weight
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- lemon wedge, to serve
- parsley sprig, to garnish
- parmesan cheese, shavings, to garnish
- Season the flour with the sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
- Dip the lamb into the seasoned flour, coating it evenly all over.
- Mix together the Parmesan cheese and the bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dip the the lamb first in the beaten egg and then in the Parmesan crumb mixture and coat all over, pressing the crumbs into the lamb.
- Roast the lamb for about 20 minutes (or until done to your taste).
- Cut the lamb into 4 pairs of cutlets and serve with the lemon wedges.
- Garnish with the parsley and shavings of Parmesan.