Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a really easy recipe using a sauce mix that I stumbled on in the grocery store. I used the fondue recipe on the envelope as a base...
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope Knorr parma rosa sauce mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 dash white wine
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, sliced thin (yellow or red)
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- Pre-heat oven to 345 degrees.
- Spray baking dish with butter flavored cooking spray.
- In sauce pan, mix sauce mix, milk, 1/4 c parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and butter. Cook on medium heat until cheese and butter are melted, stirring often.
- When everything is melted, add wine and stir over heat until mixed.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Arrange chicken in baking dish, and spoon sauce over chicken, using just enough to cover the chicken breasts. (Leave the rest of the sauce in the pan on low heat, covered, and stir ocassionally while chicken bakes).
- Arrange bell peppers on top of chicken.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add cooked noodles to remaining sauce and stir to coat noodles. Spoon noodles around and over chicken and top with 1 oz grated cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked.
- After taking out of oven, leave dish to sit for a couple minutes for sauce to thicken.