Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 20 medium cooking apples (or any)
- 12 pineapple or 12 other variety quince
- 2 quarts cranberries
- 2 vanilla beans
- to taste sugar
- The apples and quince must be washed, the stem and blossom ends scooped out, and each one quartered.
- Remove any bruises to clean flesh.
- Pick over the cranberries, discarding any less than perfect. Place all in non aluminum pot and barely cover with water Boil until they are quite soft. Strain through jelly bag.
- Slice vanilla beans once lengthwise, and place in clean pot. Add strained liquid and boil gently for 12 minutes.
- Set beans aside. Measure juice, using 1 cup juice to 1 cup sugar, and cooking no more than 4 cups at a time. Place in clean pot. Boil until jelly sheets from spoon.
- Pour into 1/2 pint sterilized jars and seal.
- Process 5 minutes in boiling bath.
- NOTE: Cheat if you like, and add more water to the fruit after the first straining.
- Boil and strain that, combine with the first liquid and continue as directed.
- There's so much pectin in the fruit you can get away with it. Of course if you're going for the top prize at the fair, you might want to forego that this time. Use the vanilla beans in the water you boil for your next few pitchers of herbal iced tea.
- Recipe By : DDMmom