Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Switch from sour cream to low fat yogurt for a more healthy choice.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 1⁄4 lbs frying chicken, cut in 8 pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet; sauté the onions until tender.
- Lay the chicken on the onions. Cover and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Stir the flour into the onions in the skillet. Gradually add the stock and season with salt.
- Cook and stir over low heat until thickened; remove pan from heat. Stir in paprika and yogurt.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
I made this as directed, just cut it in half. It had a good flavor but my onions burned a little so the sauce I am sure had a different flavor than it was supposed to. Will have to try it again. Made for Partying the Diabetic Way Nov/Dec 2009.