Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (14 ) can mangoes in syrup
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned flour
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- toasted almond
- Pound the chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Reserve 8 perfect mango slices for garnish.
- In a blender or food processor, whirl mangoes (including syrup) with orange juice, garlic and salt.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in saute pan.
- When hot, dip chicken breasts in seasoned flour -- be careful to shake off excess flour -- and place them in the hot pan.
- Saute chicken, for approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Add butter and mango puree to the pan.
- Cook until the sauce is reduced and fairly thick -- about 2 minutes.
- With a spatula, remove the mango-covered chicken breasts from the pan and place them on a hot platter.
- Spoon remaining mango puree over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Garnish each breast with 2 mango slices.
- For a more pronounced mango flavour, use fresh mangoes.
- Use 2 fresh mangoes and 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- Boil for 1 minute.
the orange liqueur isn't anywhere in the directions, and wasn't necessary anyway. I used mango nectar instead of oj, and it was pretty darn good.