Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great potato patty, even with left over potatoes if they are fried (grate them). Most often made using left over mashed potatoes. It is not a hot dish using green mild chilies (can zip it up if you want with hot jalapeno). You can speed this recipe up with store bought mashed potatoes.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 whole fresh jalapeno, diced (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (small can)
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mixed peppers, red, bell, yelllow (optional) or 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup oil
- Put left over potatoes in a bowl; season with salt and pepper, onion powder, and green chili to taste.
- Add egg and flour; stir and mix (you don't want a wet patty).
- Shape into patties (you can even dip in flour again for better crust).
- Drop in hot oil; brown one side, turn and take out.
- Serve with favorite salsa and eggs.
- Great breakfast—this is good eats.
These were awesome! My husband loved them, he is already planning when we can have them again. I left out the 1/4 cup of optional peppers, and I used some pickled jalapenos since I didn't have a fresh one. Also, I used one whole frozen green chile instead of the can. We used the serving suggestion of salsa & eggs. Wonderful recipe!