Recipe by mollypaul
A lively twist on roasted potatoes courtesy of Just North of the Border by Dave DeWitt and Nancy Gerlach
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons crushed hot new mexico chilies, including seeds (Hatch is preferred, but Anaheim may be subbed if unavailable)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the butter until soft, then add the chile.
- Toss the potatoes in the mixture, evenly coating them.
- Place the potatoes in a shallow pan with just a little bit of water and bake until the potatoes are done, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the potatoes and serve.