Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This sweet bread is so yummy. Note: you can cut the cooking time if you use two small loaf pans instead of one large one. If you use the smaller pans, bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- cooking spray
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves or 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon pure irish butter, melted
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray one large loaf pan with the cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, cloves and baking powder.
- Add eggs, honey, milk and butter; combine well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool, then drizzle melted chocolate over the top.
I wanted to love this bread, but I found it only so-so. It was quite dry and definitely needed the added chocolate drizzled over the top. It had lovely flavor, though. Thanks for a neat one to try!