Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
An Indian dish, Pantzarosalata is commonly known as Pureed Beet Salad. My friend brought this as an appetizer, it was so pretty and tasted so good. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 (6 ounce) beets, good sized
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 slice stale bread
- 4 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Cover the beets well with water and boil till tender for about 40 minutes.
- Drain and chop coarsely.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and blend till soft.
- Pureed Beet Salad is ready.
- Serve with pita wedges.
I found this same recipe in Madhur Jaffrey's 'World Vegetarian' cookbook. She notes that the dish comes from the Ormylia Monestary in Macedonia and is of Greek origin. A nice addition to any sandwhich or wrap or a tasy dip with chips. This would make a great party platter served alongside hummus and baba ghanouj.