Recipe by Loves2Teach
I was looking for recipes to use a panettone a student had given me and came across this. From Everyday Italian.
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1⁄4 cup coffee liqueur
- 12 ounces panettone, cubed
- chocolate shavings, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Using an electric mixer, beat the mascarpone cheese, melted chocolate, powdered sugar, and espresso powder in a large bowl until smooth and fluffy.
- Divide half of the panettone cubes among 6 wine glasses or old-fashioned glasses.
- Sprinkle half of the liqueur over the panettone.
- Top with half of the mascarpone mixture.
- Repeat layering with the remaining panettone, liqueur, and mascarpone mixture.
- Sprinkle the chocolate shavings over the trifles and serve immediately.
- (The trifles can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Let come to room temperature before serving.).