Recipe by Iyah
I like this recipe because this is the very first bread i tried to bake, at first, it not turned-out right, but on the 2nd time i tried to do it, i can say that its more than perfect. This is the "Pinoy Pandesal" in the Philippines that is always available early in the morning. Most of the Filipino people dip it in a hot coffee or hot chocolate during their breakfast. It is very delicious when it is served freshly baked from the oven.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the water, evaporated milk and milk and heat in the microwave for 35 seconds.
- Run tap water over the egg for 30 seconds.
- Add and combined all ingredients (except the bread crumbs).
- Spray the baking sheets or a tray pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- When the dough is ready, cut it into small amount and roll in bread crumbs an in oval shape and place on a baking sheet or tray.
- Cover and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.