Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pancetta is baked in the oven to make the base of this appetizer. It makes a beautiful presentation. From Bon Appetit, Decemeber 2004.
- 16 slices pancetta (thin slices)
- 16 teaspoons soft fresh goat cheese (from 5-ounce log)
- 2 small very ripe pears, halved, cored, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- fresh thyme leave
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Place pancetta slices in single layer on large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes (watch carefully not to burn). Using spatula, slide pancetta crisps onto platter.
- Top each with 1 teaspoon goat cheese and 1 pear slice. Sprinkle with thyme and serve.