1/2 Photos of Pan Seared Halibut
Halibut has a delicate flavor and firm texture. Overcooking can dry it out. So Pan searing and basting with the oil/ butter mixture keeps it moist and flaky. Pan searing adds a nice light crust to the outside of the halibut. Then into the oven to finish cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Wash fillet and towel dry of moisture.
- 3Mix cornstarch, seasoned salt, sugar. Coat the halibut with the mixture.
- 4In a saute pan that is oven safe heat olive oil and butter over medium high heat.
- 5Pan sear for 3 minutes on one side flip add shallots and bacon and baste with some of the butter/oil from the bottom of the pan. Sear for 3 more minutes. Continue basting with the oil/butter mixture. Transfer the pan to the oven and finish cooking for about another 6 to 8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan Seared Halibut
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.0
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 112.7 mg
- Sodium 292.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 62.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: