Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a great dish to do outside on the barbeque, but don't worry it works equally as well on top of the stove and in the oven.
- 4 ounces soft butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices parma ham
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4 pint chicken or 1⁄4 pint vegetable stock
- 4 sprigs oregano, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 (400 g) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 loaf ciabatta, cut into 12 slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 18 basil leaves, chop just half of them
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter in a bowl with half the garlic.
- Get everything ready in bowls to take outside.
- Light the barbeque.
- Heat a sturdy roasting pan on the barbecue rack, then drizzle in the oil to coat the bottom.
- Lay in the slices of Parma ham, let them crisp up on both side, then remove and set aside.
- Season the chicken and brown on both sides in the tin.
- Stir in the remaining chopped garlic, then add the canned tomatoes, the stock and oregano.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, turn the beasts over and simmer 3 minutes longer.
- Tip in the canellini beans, turn the chicken breasts over and simmer for another 3 minutes, then turn over again and simmer 3 minutes more.
- Taste the sauce and see if it need seasoning.
- Towards the end of the cooking, toast the ciabatta on both sides of the barbeque.
- For the final touch, toss the cherry tomatoes and chopped basil into the chicken mix.
- Let the tomatoes soften slightly, then top with the crispy parma ham and scatter over the remaining whole basil leaves.
- Spread the garlic butter over the ciabatta and arrange the slices butter side up around the edge of the chicken.
- Serve hot with a mixed salad.
- Alternately you can do this on top of the stove in a deep frying pan, and grill the ciabatta in the oven.