Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Protein-rich and easily prepared, this recipe provides a new flavor avenue for the traditional spring lamb entree.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 4 lamb loin chops (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini or 1 (16 ounce) cangreat northern white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, no-salt added, drained
- Heat a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on high for 3 to 5 minutes and then spray with a little cooking spray. Dry the chops thoroughly and rub them with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon rosemary, salt and black pepper.
- Cook the chops over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes per side or to the desired doneness. Remove the chops from the skillet and keep warm on a plate. Reduce heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, rosemary and garlic to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in beans, tomatoes, salt and black pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes. Top chops and serve from the skillet.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 345; Total fat 22g; Cholesterol 66mg; Sodium 414mg; Carbohydrate 16g; Fiber 5g; Protein 20g Adapted from "Half Scratch Magic" cookbook, published by Clarkson Potter. Printed with permission.