I like coming up with new ways to serve foods so that I don't get bored with the same dishes all of the time. I decided to try preparing my sweet potatoes in various ways and this is one that I came up with. Very simple and can be modified to suit your taste. The recipe is enough for two generous servings for adults. The potatoes will not be as crispy as regular potatoes because of the texture difference so be sure to not overcook.
- Dice sweet potatoes no thicker than 1/4 inch thick.
- Place pan on medium heat to begin warming. While waiting dice onion and prepare garlic.
- Place oil in pan and add potatoes, garlic, and onions and then coat well(be sure that oil is not left to heat up or it will scorch the onions and garlic).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper just after adding other ingredients to the pan.
- Allow the potatoes to cook for a few minutes and check for browning. Keep temperature from getting too hot.
- Stir occasionally until potatoes are to your desired doneness (approx 10 minutes for me.
- Turn off heat and add brown sugar while still hot. Stir well and serve.
- * variation* try using butter instead of olive oil for a more sweet and traditional flavor.
I am a huge fan of sweet potato fries, but never made them myself before tonight. I found this recipe and my sweet potato fries turned out perfectly! Thank you so much for the recipe. I will be making this dish again in the future for sure.
Yum! Yum! Yum! Great blend of flavors in this sweet potato recipe. We served them with grilled Seasoned Grilled or Broiled Pork Chops and a tossed salad. It was a fabulous, comfort food meal. Thanks for posting.