Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great served as an appetiser or part of an antipasti spread. GOod fingerfood for parties
- 4 garlic cloves
- 24 unshelled large raw shrimp (prawns)
- 412 ounces butter (125 grams)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons brandy
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- lemon wedge, to serve
- Using a sharp knife, peel and slice the garlic.
- Wash the shrimp / prawns and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a large frying pan/ skillet.
- Add the garlic and shrimp. Fry over a high heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, until the shrimp are pink. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with brandy and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
- Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.