Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
wontons with a spicy kick. Sounds like an odd combo but so good.
- 1 lb spicy sausage
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons sriracha hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 50 wonton wrappers
- Brown garlic, shallots, ginger and sausage drain. Add to bowl with peanut butter brown sugar, basil and cilantro and chili paste. Let marinate for 2 hours in fridge. Place 1 tbsp mixture in center of wrapper, wet sides with water. Fold into a triangle forcing out air and sealing well. Bring 2 corners together and pinch together. Repeat until filling is gone. In large skillet heat 2 cups peanut oil. Fry until golden brown and delicious.