Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is an easy, simple recipe but SO good. The trick is to make sure the coating is thick enough to stay on the chicken. Also, use the best olive oil you can find.
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs, like chives, tarragon and sage
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, more for frying
- flour, to dredge
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 4 breasts)
- chopped fresh parsley leaves (to garnish)
- lemon wedge, to serve
- Using a blender or a food processor, mix the onion, herbs and peanut butter. While puréeing the mixture, slowly add enough olive oil to make a thick, smooth paste; don’t let it get too thin.
- Add flour to a shallow bowl and place chicken in another bowl. Rub the puréed mixture over chicken, and then dredge each piece in flour. Shake off the excess flour and re-coat with mixture and dredge once more in flour.
- Heat 1/4 inch olive oil in a skillet; when it is hot, fry chicken for about 4 minutes each side, until well browned and cooked through; it will take a a couple of mniutes more if using chicken with the bone inches Garnish with parsley and serve hot with lemon wedges.