Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is from Pampered Chef using the Cheese Knife (which I love to use). It's not needed to make this recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagecocktail bread rounds
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients except bread and cheese in bowl.
- Spread spinach mixture onto bread rounds.
- Place on a large round baking stone.
- Slice 20 slices of cheese.
- Plcae on top of spinach mixture.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
I made this as listed except used baguette slices. Very good way to get veggies into an appetizer. Would be great for St. Patrick's Day (lots of green).
I've used this recipe at several pampered chef shows lately and it has always received rave reviews. It's very easy to make and the taste is fabulous!
A very tasty appetizer.