Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
We all know, every body's taste for chili is different. I am posting this here just so it is handy when I want to make it again. It is simple but has a little "burn" to it.
- 1⁄2 lb ground round
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix, packaged
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- Brown ground round.
- While that is browning, put the oil in a small saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic to the small saucepan and saute until lightly browned.
- Put ground round in sprayed crock pot.
- Add onion - garlic mixture to crock pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to crock pot and stir to mix well.
- Use garlic powder, but LESS, if you don't have any roasted garlic on hand.
- Cook on high for 1 - 2 hours.
What a great Chili, I substituted ground round with ground chicken. A definite 5 star dinner, served with a fresh salad and home baked bread.