Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
So my sister was raving about this "amazing" open faced bagel sandwich she had the other day at this cafe. I'm not the biggest avocado fan so I was a little skeptical when she started making one for me. I must say I gladly ate my words after one bite because this is SO DELICIOUS!!! It is seriously the perfect combination so please try it!
- Slice bagel in half and toast it, meanwhile you can slice up your tomato and avocado.
- Spread each side of bagel with 1 Tbsp of cream cheese (or more if you like).
- Top cream cheese with 1-2 tomato slices, then cover with avocado slices.
- Finally sprinkle with with lemon pepper to your taste. I would estimate about 1/4 tsp per bagel--but I like a lot! Enjoy!
- **Side note: you can use lime pepper seasoning instead of lemon, and you can get creative with your bagel flavors.
Delicious combination! I also added some cucumber for a little crunch. Everything went very well together.
Yum! This made a nice, easy lunch with things I usually have around the house. This is a new favorite for me!
What a simple and awesome tasty bagel-wich. I didn't toast mine (had to cart it to school) but I used a poppy seed bagel, spread some creamcheese with the lemon pepper on, then the tomato, then a tad more cream cheese and lemon pepper, then the avocado-- that'll prevent it from slipping off as the last reviewer mentioned. I didn't think the flavor combo would work but it came out marvellously-- I never thought to put spices on my bagel!