Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An unusual chili recipe - CompuCook Weekly Contest winning recipe. I haven't tried it yet but it does fit the description "unusual!"
- 2 -3 lbs hamburger
- 4 medium chili peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3⁄4 tablespoon chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- Heat oil in the bottom of a large soup pot.
- Add ground hamburger, onion, chili peppers, and bell peppers.
- Once meat is cooked through, add Italian diced tomatoes and all spices.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, and kidney beans and simmer for another 20 minutes on low heat.