Recipe by Charmie777
I've had this recipe forever, and had forgotten all about it. Dug it out when I remembered it, cuz it is sooo good. It takes a while, but it's not difficult. Great combination of flavors! There's usually extra stuffing...just bake it in a dish along side. If you like a little heat, use a hotter pepper like an Anaheim chile, or New Mexico chile.
Top Review by umbrellagal0907
wonderful ! I made it in the crock pot with 12 boneless pork loin chops for a pot luck. cooked on low - 6 hrs. didn't make the extra sauce - very moist & juicy already. not one morsel left!
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 10 ounces herb stuffing mix (or any size)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 -5 lbs pork loin roast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place roast fat side up on cutting board. Slice into 1 inch thick slices, making sure you don't go all the way through.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Combine 3/4 cup of pineapple, 1 can of soup, stuffing mix, green pepper, and butter. Mix well.
- Spoon stuffing between slices of pork. Tie roast tight with cooking twine. (Not absolutely necessary to tie.).
- Place roast on rack in shallow pan, fat side up. Cover with foil and bake at 325º for 1-1/2 hours.
- Uncover and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours more until meat is cooked has reached an internal temperature of 160.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining can of soup, 1/4 cup of reserved pineapple juice, 2 T pan drippings and ginger. Heat through and serve with pork.