Recipe by Bergy
Quick and easy. Nice blend of flavors. I sometimes add a couple of tablespoons of mustard. If you wish partially cook the carrots & parsnips for 10 minutes in boiling water. Depending on the size of the veggies it will allow you to cut the baking time. Watch that you don't burn the pinapple chunks
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut intp chunks (about 1 lb)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks (or crushed packed in juice)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients into an oven proof casserole.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and bake in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until veggies are cooked. Time depends if you pre cook.
- Mix them half way through the baking.
- Remove from oven. You may now serve as is, puree or mash them.