Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
ZWT6 - Great Britain
- 2 (453.59 g) jar old English cheese, sharp, softened
- 226.79 g package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml beer
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slice bacon, fried crisp, then crumbled
- After softening cheese, blend all ingredients together. Will be a thick liquid consistency.
- Set in refrigerator overnight, covered.
- Serve with assorted crackers and vegetables.
This was part of our own little Super Bowl celebration! It was delicious. I made about a third of a recipe since I had a 5 oz jar of the Old English cheese. I mixed the cream cheese and Old English cheese together first and had no problem with them blending. The cream cheese was probably not up to room temperature. Then I added the worcestershire and beer. I forgot about the bacon and it was still yummy. It only chilled for a couple of hours. Served it with celery, carrots, and crackers. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing.
This is a great tasting dip!!! I could only find the Old English Cheddar in a 5 oz glass jar in the non-refrigerated isle. My cream cheese I set out and let come to room temperature and since the cheddar cheese was already at room temp, I just added the bacon, beer etc and mixed. The cheddar wouldn't mix in well at all, so needless to say, not very appealing to the eye!!! I think it would have worked much better if I was able to get the Old English Cheddar in a crock in the refrigerated section that I have had before. That being said, the rating is for the flavor of the dip, which is very very good!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Can't...stop...eating! This is so good! Will definately make again! Made for ZWT6.