Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a copycat of P F Chang's Tuna Tataki (Slices of seared Ahi topped with micro greens, jalapeno and ponzu sauce).
- 2 (6 ounce) ahi tuna steaks
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 (8 ounce) bags baby greens
- 1⁄4 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded sliced thin
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ponzu sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Coat tuna with sesame oil, salt and pepper. On a hot cooking surface sear tuna for 2 minutes on each side for rare. Slice into strips, once cooked.
- Combine wasabi, rice vinegar, soy sauce and olive oil. Whisk to combine. Mix the dressing with the lettuce, reserving a small amount to pour over tuna.
- To serve, place 1/2 of the coated lettuce on each plate. Place 1/2 of the peppers, cucumber and tomatoes on lettuce. Place 1/2 of the sliced tuna on top of lettuce and vegetables on each plate. Drizzle reserved dressing over tuna.