1 hr 5 mins
Colorful not too eggy frittata. Perfect for brunch ar a light supper. Key here is the patience to NOT turn the potatoes until they are nice and crispy golden. Use a cast iron skillet if at all possible. This wont take so long to do if you can do the veggies while the potatoes are cooking. Enjoy this Ready Set Cook contest recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 eggs
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese
- 4-5 chopped basil leaves or 7.39 ml dried basil
- 4.92-7.39 ml oregano
- 2.46-4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 6 asparagus spears
- 2 carrots
- 73.94 ml olive oil
- 59.16 ml butter
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 118.29 ml bell pepper, red or green (diced)
- 680.38 g red potatoes, sliced thin
- 29.58 ml minced chives
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1In small mixing bowl, beat eggs, parmesan, basil and oregano.
- 2Season with salt and cayenne pepper to your taste, set aside.
- 3Cook asparagus and carrots in boiling water until tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 4Dice and set aside.
- 5In medium skillet, heat 3 TBS olive oil over medium heat.
- 6Add onion, cover and cook on low til limp, about 10 miuntes.
- 7Remove lid, turn to medium and add garlic.
- 8Cook and stir until golden in color, about 5 minutes.
- 9Add bell pepper and stir until tender about 5 minutes.
- 10Remove from skillet with slotted spoon and mix with carrots and asparagus.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- 12Preheat oven to 350.
- 13Combine in 12 inch skillet, preferably cast iron and MUST BE OVERPROOF, 2 TBS olive oil and 3 TBS butter.
- 14Heat over medium heat til hot.
- 15Add sliced potatoes in layers, overlapping if necessary.
- 16Reduce to medium low and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- 17Cover and cook until potatoes are golden on the bottom at least 15-20 minutes-- PATIENCE.
- 18Carefully turn potatoes in the pan until the browned one are on top adding the remaining butter.
- 19Cook for about 5-8 more minutes over medium heat tll the bottom is golden also.
- 20Spread Ricotta cheese over the potatoes.
- 21Sprinkle the onion-asparagus-carrot mixture over the ricotta.
- 22Arrange sliced tomatoes over the other veggies.
- 23Pour egg mixture over the top.
- 24Place skillet in oven and bake about 15 minutes until eggs are set.
- 25Carefully invert frittata on large platter.
- 26Sprinkle with chives.
- 27Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for P-A-C-T Frittata (Potato-Asparagus-Carrot-Tomato)
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 725.7
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 545.1 mg
- Sodium 457.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 29.5 g