Recipe by Joanne #6
No! It doesn't have oysters in it. It's smooth, creamy chocolate. I found it in another one of those church cookbooks I love. The recipe is simple but a bit tempermental, follow the directions carefully. I don't really know how long it takes from start to finish. It depends on how long it takes the chocolate to get to the right consistency.
- 2 lbs sweet chocolate
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 14 ounces finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Chocolate must be exactly 2 pounds. Melt chocolate in a double boiler and cool slightly.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Gradually fold whipped cream into melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate until it is a chiffon texture. Watch carefully.(Stir and check every 5 minutes. Will take 5-30 minutes.)
- Roll into teaspoon size balls and then roll in chopped walnuts. Refrigerate on waxed paper till set. Keep stored in refrigerator or freezer. Freezes very well.